Operating Authorities Permits and Licensing

Whether yours is a new company or existing, PSTC’s licensing and registration services ensure that your vehicles have the credentials required to comply with all industry regulations. As your full service consultant we provide efficient and timely processing of all annual licensing, initial registrations and the renewal process for both qualified and non-qualified vehicles.

Why use a service provider for your authority and registration needs?

  • Eliminate the risk of fines, delays and the cost of temporary permits due to missed renewal deadlines
  • Expedite all registrations, renewals and supplements
  • Decrease administrative time and paperwork

Services available include hazardous materials applications and renewal, United States Customs transponder applications, state mileage tax compliance, permits and International Fuel Tax Agreement renewals.

Operating authorities compliance for the United States and Canada, including
process agent service

  • DOT Number
  • MC Number
  • Ontario CVOR
  • Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
  • Provincial NSC registration
  • Renewals Changes of address
  • Update registration
  • International Fuel Tax Registration (IFTA)
  • International Registration Plan (IRP)
  • State Registrations (Mileage tax)
  • SCAC Code
  • US Transponder

CVOR application process

In 2013 the Ontario Ministry of Transportation changed the application process for obtaining a CVOR. New applicants must complete and pass a Knowledge Test in person at a local Drive Test location. This test costs $32.00 and the only persons qualified to complete the test are an owner, sole proprietor, partner, corporate officer or a director of the corporation.

Read more about how the process has changed and other new driver requirements.

We are an agent for International Registration Plan (IRP) applications and renewals

New IRP applications

Fleet IRP changes and updates

IRP Renewals

Please note due to provincial and state IRP processes we only provide this service to limited jurisdictions

Setting up a company to operate trucks is a series of steps that depend upon the type of operation you have. We can help your company to:

  • Obtain your Federal MC Authority
  • Obtain a Federal US DOT Number
  • Perform US DOT updates
  • Obtain your Federal HazMat Permit
  • Set up State mileage accounts
  • Apply for BOC-3 Process Agents
  • Set up required DOT company files and policies
  • Manage FMCSA Violations
  • And more!